Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care to clients as outlined in their care plans.
- Provide companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping
- Adhere to providing personal care and help clients with their activities of daily living (ADLs) that is within the scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker
- Assists clients in all activities of daily living/ hygiene assistance, bathing, grooming, linen changes, and so forth.
- Assists clients with transfers, ambulation, and exercises.
- Meets the safety needs of the client and use all equipment safely and properly.
- Functions within the limits of own experience and knowledge, and practices safely and competently within the job description.
- Completes records and documentation accurately and thoroughly using the available VCare247 app.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) card and 2 Govt photo IDs
- Proficient verbal and written English skills. Ability to speak a second language considered an asset.
- Must Possess a working smartphone or tablet with data.
- An asset if you own a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. Reliable vehicle and auto insurance (not mandatory for caregivers who will not be driving clients).
- Immunization record, Negative T.B. skin test or chest x-ray completed within the last 2 years, Negative result on COVID-19 test, Vulnerable sector screening done, CPR, First aid.
Caregiver must have either:
- Successfully completed a Ministry of Education approved PSW Training Program (minimum 640 hours) from a Community College or a school approved by the National Association of Career Colleges OR
- Holds a valid certificate as a Home Support Worker (level II or III), Health Care Aide, or Personal Attendant OR
- Is enrolled in a PSW program.
- Holds a valid certificate as a Developmental Support Worker.
- Member of the Ontario Personal Support Worker Association (OPSWA) is an asset.
– Valid Criminal Record Check with vulnerable adult sector cleared – must be completed within the last year.
– This is a physically demanding job. Caregivers are expected to do the following on a regular basis.
– Able to bend, climb, stoop, reach and stand an average of 5 hours per day on a frequent basis with a good hand, arm, and shoulder dexterity.
– Able to lift 20 – 30 kg and assist clients with standing, walking, sitting, and rolling in bed.
– Able to use tools necessary for the job
VCare247 is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Regular COVID-19 Tests. Complete PPE provided.
About VCare 247:
At VCare247 we pride ourselves on the fact that we are adamant about the maintenance of high-quality service of care, where the aim is to treat each recipient the same way we treat our own family.
The slogan – Your Family is Our family – defines us and presents the personal care service at a level where it becomes personal to us. We all want the best care for our own family and at VCare247 that’s what we aim to provide to our clients as well.
We are premier providers of Senior and Personal care. We help our clients at with their ADL needs both at their homes as well as at Long Term Care & Retirement Homes.